- Permitted Users: The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Company may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child under age 13, please notify Company immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the basis of your belief and your request.
- Proprietary Rights: You acknowledge and agree that, as between Company and you, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and the Content, including without limitation any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, inventions, know-how, and all other intellectual property rights, are owned exclusively by Company , its affiliates, suppliers, vendors or licensors (collectively, “Company Entities”) and are protected by United States intellectual property and other applicable laws. You may use the Website and the contents contained in the Services solely for your own individual non-commercial and informational purposes only. Any other use, including for any commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited without our express prior written consent. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Services, whether to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory, is prohibited absent our express prior written consent.
- Your Indemnity of Company: You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Company , its employees, agents, representatives and third-party content, distribution, advertising or other strategic partners from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Company site, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys fees, of every kind and nature. If Company receives notice of such a claim from someone other than the member whose use of the site is in question, Company will provide that member with written notice of such claim, suit or action, at the email address provided by that member at the time of registration.
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property: The content on Company site, including without limitation, the text, software, graphics, photos, and videos, is owned by or licensed to Company , subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States Copyright Act and trademark laws, foreign laws, and international conventions. Company reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the website and said content. Other than as expressly permitted, you may not engage in the unauthorized use, copying, or distribution of any of said content. All copyright, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property rights in this site (including the design, arrangement, and look and feel) and all material or content supplied as part of the site, other than user-generated content, shall remain at all times the property of Company , its affiliates, associated companies, and/or licensors. The names, images and logos identifying Company are proprietary marks of Company, its associated companies and/or affiliates. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any trademark or service mark of Company, its associated companies and affiliates, or any third party unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, § 512(c)(2), if you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced and is accessible on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our DMCA Agent with a written communication containing the following information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLY DMCA NOTICES WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
(a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
(b) identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Services that is requested to be removed;
(c) your name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that we may contact you if necessary;
(d) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by you or the law;
(e) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
(f) an electronic or physical signature of you or someone authorized on the copyright owner’s behalf, to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
Claims of infringement which include the above required information must be submitted via postal mail or e-mail to Company’s DMCA Agent as follows: email@example.com.
- Links to Other Websites: The Website may contain advertisements, postings and links to websites operated by other parties. The Website provides these advertisements, postings and links as a convenience, and your use of other websites is at your own risk. The advertisements, postings and linked sites are not under the control of Company which is not responsible for their content or privacy practices. Such advertisements, postings or links or references to other parties’iproducts or services do not imply endorsement of information, material, products or services of any other party or any other website. Company disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such information, material, products or services or transactions with such linked websites or other parties. You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or other claim caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with, access to, use of or reliance on any content available on or through any other site or resource.
- Modifications: Company reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website, Content or Activities, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website, Content or Activities.
- Suspension and Termination: Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, immediately, with or without notice, and with or without cause to suspend, discontinue, or terminate your access to the Website, Content or any part thereof for any reason, including without limitation any breach by you of these Terms. You agree that Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such suspension, discontinuance or termination.
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability: THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Company MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Company MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Company DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF Company HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Exclusions and Limitations: Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you. This Limitation of Liability shall be to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Notice Required by California Law: Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: Complaints regarding the service or requests to receive further information regarding use of this service may be sent to the provider of this service, in writing, at The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs,1625 North Market Boulevard, Suite S202, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 574-7950 or (800) 952-5210.
- Arbitration Agreement: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH COMPANY AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US. Both you and Company acknowledge and agree that for the purposes of any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms, Company’s officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (“Personnel”) are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Personnel will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
(a) Arbitration Rules; Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. Any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in Brooklyn, New York. The arbitration will proceed in the English language, in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction.
(b) Costs of Arbitration. The JAMS rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. The parties shall initially equally split all arbitration fees. The prevailing party will be entitled to receive the costs of the arbitration as well as payment of the other party’s attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration.
(c) Small Claims Court. Furthermore, either you or Company may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in Brooklyn, New York.
(d) Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR JURY. You and COMPANY are instead choosing to have claims and disputes resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In any litigation between you and COMPANY over whether to vacate or enforce an arbitration award, YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, and elect instead to have the dispute be resolved by a judge.
(e) Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE MEMBER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER MEMBER OR USER. If however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration; instead all claims and disputes will be resolved in a court as set forth in (g) below.
(f) Opt-out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Section by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: PO Box 50409, Brooklyn, NY 11205, postmarked within 30 days of first accepting these Terms. You must include (1) your name and residence address; (2) the email address and/or telephone number associated with your account; and (3) a clear statement that you want to opt out of these Terms’ arbitration agreement.
(g) Exclusive Venue. If you send the opt-out notice in (f), and/or in any circumstances where the foregoing arbitration agreement permits either you or Company to litigate any dispute arising out of or relating to the subject matter of these Terms in court, then the foregoing arbitration agreement will not apply to either party and both you and Company agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, Brooklyn, New York, or the Eastern District of New York.